Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God Shows Himself Strong in Life of Longtime Crown Friend - Crown Financial Ministries Stories Blog

Enjoy this excerpt from the incredible article by Chuck Thompson in the February 2008 Crown Money Matters newsletter...

God is the Great Provider, and when we follow Him, He has the resources we’ll need to accomplish His unique purposes for our lives. Jeremiah 32:17 says, “Ah Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You” (NASB).

For each of us, choosing to live out God’s purposes is an act of faith, as Raymond Harris has discovered. And seeing the results of this faith has led him to greater and more humbling glimpses of the greatness of God, to whom he gives all the glory...

“If I would be a faithful steward,” Raymond says, “God would entrust more to me over time. I remembered Larry Burkett saying that we shouldn’t be encumbered by earthly things so that we can serve the Lord more freely. As a result, I never incurred any debt and never entered any lease for longer than three years.”

In January 2007, Raymond took a major step by selling his company to internal partners. “I had no idea where I was going to go,” he says. “I’m only 52, and I’m not ready for retirement. But the Lord was preparing me for hopefully what I’ll be doing in the future."

The first hint of this future direction came to Raymond through the missionary work of his own family...

Read the rest of Raymond's inspiring story when you subscribe to the Money Matters newsletter.

Digg this Crown Financial Ministries True Financial Freedom Stories Blog post
Fave this Crown Financial Ministries True Financial Freedom Stories Blog post on Technorati

0 comments: