Wednesday, March 19, 2008

God Teaches Crown Friend to Trust and Obey...Even in the Small Things - Crown Financial Ministries Stories Blog

"The area that I was most dealt with during the CROWN small group study was the area of my motivation. When I came up against certain situations, I was really tested.

My wife and I travel a lot, coordinating seminars and training leaders of the Ancient Paths ministry. We are often hosted in the homes of Christians. My wife, always very careful, would pack my personal hygiene items, including shampoo and conditioner.

But my heart motivation was twisted and I was caught by it: I would go into the bathroom to take a shower and suddenly I would be faced with a situation that some might think normal, but it wasn’t for me. I would look at my little bottle of shampoo, looked at our host’s shampoo... and you guessed it...I would leave my simple shampoo aside and use my host’s “imported” shampoo!

Normal thing to do, right? But for me it was an area that God dealt with. I realized that when I did that, with such a small thing, I was annulling God’s role as my Provider and I remembered the word in Matthew 25:23, “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things: I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ ”

I believe the Lord can use a big debt or even a simple bottle of shampoo to deal with our motivations. Today, because of the revelation of God through the study of his word, I am completely healed in this area of my life and in other areas where I was deficient.

My life and the lives of my wife and children have been restored day by day to the Glory of God the Father."

Digg this Crown Financial Ministries True Financial Freedom Stories Blog post
Fave this Crown Financial Ministries True Financial Freedom Stories Blog post on Technorati

0 comments: